Behind the scenes

You may be wondering how the new devices have been connected without a new mainboard as that stage isn't yet published. Well, the BTT SKR1.4 Pro has long since replaced the standard A8 Plus mainboard. However, it is still sitting on the table with cables hanging out of it as I test things.

It may not be pretty, but...

It is fitted into the case I have designed, has the EEPROM and DC-DC modules installed and is working. However, I intend to create a full cable harness for the project and can't really do that until the ancillary parts are in situ and working. I can then create a mount for the case. The case itself has a flange mounting system which will allow me to mount it in many orientations by having different brackets.

I haven't yet published this side of things as, simply, I am waiting to complete it and as it is the heart of the system, it has to be fully correct. 

Another element which has been running for some time are the custom endstop mounts. These were one of the first things I designed as they were critical to having the printer working. These allow smoothed endstops to be mounted to the chassis, allowing for adjustment of each. I have one for each of X, Y and Z axes. The Z axis one is no longer being used since the installation of the BL-Touch, but I've left it in place.  
X axis endstop

Y axis endstop

I hope to release these elements, at least, very soon as they're working well and have been for some time. 

Visit the main content pages

Comments

  1. Looking forward to see more relaeses from you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have now (I think) finally decided on how best to get the cabling to the carriage and am working on Z and X cable chains. It was that or a cable suspended from the gantry, but I think that cable chains (though a lot more work) is the more elegant solution.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Update: Mopping up

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card