Fitted new magnetic PEI removable bed and low profile Y axis adapter

It's not innovative, I know, but I have finally got around to fitting my removable PEI flex bed. I have one on my Creator Pro and it's very impressive and makes print removal very simple.  They are quite expensive for a bed the size of the A8 Plus, but the seller (Energetic 3D) on Ali Express was having a sale, so I grabbed one while they were (a little) cheaper. 

While the bed was apart I finally had an opportunity to fit the updated mounting bracket for my Y axis cable chain.The previous one has perfomed very well but it was a little too high for my BL-Touch mount. So I modifed the design to create a low profile version which the BL-Touch misses. 

It'll be interesting to see how the PEI performs. I'd like to think that it'll be as good as the Creator Pro. I have one which has smooth PEI on one side and powder coated on the other (as in the photo). 


Visit the main content pages

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Update: Mopping up

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card