To do: Nozzle illumination idea

 While working on the NeoPixel fixing on the gantry, I was puzzled by why the first LED only, remained on and white. It wasn't until I was browsing the Marlin code that I spotted this

I couldn't see that this was going to be of any use but then realised that I could split the run of LEDs and have this first one installed for nozzle illumination, separate to the main run on the gantry. So, I plan to add this to the to-do list.

I can fairly easily modify my BL-Touch mount too such that the LED can be mounted there, directed at the nozzle but far enough away to avoid the heat. I just need to include the extra wiring in the harness. 

X marks the spot


I can then reference this LED separately in GCODE to control the nozzle illumination as I need.


Visit the main content pages

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Update: Mopping up

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card