What a difference a day makes!

My new rods and bearings arrived to replace those on the Y axis. It turned out to be one of those cases where you don't know how bad something is, until you replace it. The movement on the Y axis, while not perfect, is so much smoother. I'm now on to running some acceleration and junction deviation tuning as a test. 

Ignore the print quality, I'm just looking for limits for now. However, the Y axis motion is very much smoother already. 

I had to buy 500mm rods and use an angle grinder to cut and smooth the ends, but they seem to fit fine.

I now also have some further ideas about improving the rigidity of the idler mounts though, as there is still some flex there which I'd like to remove. 


Visit the main content pages

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Update: Mopping up

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card