My boots keep falling off

I have been using silicone boots on my Creator Pro for some time and also on the A8 Plus. However, I found that they would fall off - and always at the most inconvenient time!


I had tried different types and certainly some are better than others. Even with the better ones, they really didn't like staying on. I had tried twisting wire around and while this did work, it was fiddly and having wire so close to the heater and thermistor cabling wasn't ideal.

What I felt would be best, are some heatproof silicone bands. While I could find some, they were all huge. So, I applied some lateral thinking. I looked for heatproof silicone products which I could repurpose and came up with these. 


Yup! they're heatproof finger protectors for cooking. I've absolutely no idea where they might be useful and where a glove wouldn't be better, but... They are effectively bands of silicone. So, a pair of scissors later and...


I've printed a couple of things and they've not immediately melted, so it looks promising. Given that a pack of three costs less than £2 then it's a worthwhile test and if it stops my boots falling off, I shall be happy. 

They're not too tight as they really don't need to be, so they shouldn't be pressing on any cabling (certainly not like a twisted wire would), so we'll see how they behave over time. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Update: Mopping up

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card