Sneak Peek: X and Z axis cable chains

I've been asked on Reddit for a sneak peek at the prototype of my combined X and Z axis cable chains. Well, they are now fitted in a test configuration and here are some pictures and a brief video. The cables aren't actually in it yet as I'm just testing the motion, but things are looking promising at the moment. 


These are the chains at present (the Z axis is a little long still). Below is a video of them in motion 


They still need some tweaking, but things seem to be working and if I can get rid of the awful umbilical that's there by default, I will be pleased. I just need to create the appropriate cabling. I'm not happy with the dupont connectors on the BL-Touch, for example. They're just screaming to fall apart, so will be replaced with some JST XH inline connectors. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Update: Mopping up

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card