Update: Bits and bobs

Today I have been doing various things to prepare for some work at the weekend. I'm hoping to install the upgraded LED bar, so I spent some time earlier in the day trying to get the diffuser to print in PETG.I got very close, but as it's only 0.4mm thick with a lot of bridging, it wasn't quite there. I shall probably try again just because it's a challenge. I think that if I push the extrusion multiplier up a notch, I may get there. I printed a new base successfully, but the diffuser is very thin indeed and it has only one extrusion width to hold to the bed too. 


In my defence, the photo shows the print after I deliberately overflexed it to see how much give it had.

It's now on my to-do list (under "printing challenges"). In the meantime, I can continue with the PLA version. 

In order to get to power to the new DC-DC converter, I need to splice the 24V rail. I thought that using some lever connectors would be nice, so I've been prototyping a mount for a pair of these. This actually turned out quite well for a first attempt, so I'm now creating a clamp bracket for it, to hold it in place on the extrusion and provide a cover. 

I can then splice the existing 24V rail between the PSU, the SKR mainboard and the new DC-DC converter. 

Inevitably I'm now printing the next batch of cable chains, albeit I'm only doing 20 now as a compromise. 


In other news, I had an exciting delivery today: two more SKR 1.4 Turbo mainboards and another set of five TMC2209 stepper drivers. AliExpress were having a sale so I decided that having spares, plus another which I plan to use to upgrade my Creator Pro with, after I've finished this project, would be worthwhile.



Visit the main content pages

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Update: Mopping up

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card