Update: Cable chain building, case completed and chain mount started

After the print mishaps from yesterday, I didn't actually do too badly and managed to salvage about 30 of the 40 links I was trying to print. So, rather better than I'd feared. I still have a way to go, but it's a good start

I also managed to complete what I hope will be the final case for the 5V power injector for the LED bar. This will allow me to add more LEDs to the strip without worrying about overloading the main board. The case is designed to screw directly to the vertical 40mm V-slot and has a simple clip-on cover. It also has plenty of ventilation as I anticipate that the DC converter may get warm. There are M3 fixings for the board and an included cable tie base to secure the cabling internally. I can create a simple loom which will allow it to plug directly between the two existing connectors, so these don't need to change at all. It will literally inject power into the existing connection



I have also made a very early start on creating the mount which will join the two (X and Z) cable chains to the gantry. This is still at the concept stage at present, but I think it's heading in the right direction.



Visit the main content pages

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Update: Mopping up

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card