Update: Still at it, but getting closer

I'm a little busy with family things at the moment, but have managed to find some time to move forward, nonetheless. I am still working on cable tidying and routing for the cable chains. I have added additional cable fixings to the carriage end of the chain mount. This will allow me to better hold the flying leads at the carriage end more securely.


Similarly to this, I have also created a modified fan cover for the new Noctua cooling fan on the extruder. This includes a pair of cable clips to securely route the cable up to the chain mount. 


I have also now completed the shielded stepper cable for the X-axis motor, to add to the extruder motor cable which I installed a little while ago. 

It installs to the motor as normal, with a flying earth lead (currently not connected as can be seen). 

At the other end, it joins the extruder cable in the 20-way connector

So, things are slowly coming together and just need reconnecting. I only need to make one more cable to go into the chains, which is the signal cable for the single Neopixel LED to be installed on the nozzle. There is still easily sufficient space within the chains, so my slight concern in that area was unfounded, which is a relief. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Update: Mopping up

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card