Update: Today I are been mostly...

Today I have been working on a few tweaks. I have now (I think) finally completed the design for my storage trays. It now has more parts than Alec Guiness in Kind Hearts and Coronets (Eddie Murphy in the Nutty Professor, for younger readers), but everything clips together to provide for the strongest print with the minimum of supports. This should mean that it will use less material and still provide for a strong assembly. 

I came up with this joint for one of the corners.


It comprises three lugs which can be printed vertically. 


Which fit into three corresponding slots and then locked into place by sliding along

This then provides a very tight and firm corner fixing meaning that each corner can be printed in its own optimum orientation and removes the need for supports. 


It's a very simple, but very positive and firm fit. Obviously these are sample cut-down panels to test the joint. I plan to print the final version of the final part for this tomorrow and install the first of the two drawers. Press Subscribe if you'd like to be kept updated. 

Firmware changes

I have also been playing with a number of firmware changes from my to-do list.

First, since my move to sensorless homing, I have had to tweak my X and Y MIN settings since each carriage now moves a little past where they were homing with the limit switches. X moves to -26 and Y to -3.

Next, I also spotted an additional setting in Marlin, labelled IMPROVE_HOMING_RELIABILITY which is supposed to optimise acceleration and jerk while performing sensorless homing, to make it more reliable. I switched this on and found (unsurprisingly) that I needed to reconfigure the stall sensitivity. I spent quite some time playing with settings and did get it to work. However, it proved to be a lot less reliable than the default settings, so I reverted to the original which seems to work each time. 


Extra points to anyone who spotted the comedy reference in the title to this page!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Update: Mopping up

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card