Update: Under-printer trays and some deliveries

Today I have been working on several things in the background. First, I am printing a prototype for a solution to install a pair of drawers under the frame. I started on this a while ago, but as I'm busy with my day job, this was something which I could just leave to run. 

The first layer's looking good

One of the problems in ordering things from AliExpress is the time it takes for delivery. This needs to be factored into the project. The positive thing about it is when you receive a whole bundle of deliveries at the same time. Today was one of those days.


Among the deliveries were some 20-way connectors which I've ordered so that I can make up a shielded stepper motor loom and have it detachable from the mainboard. This will allow all of the stepper wiring to be routed back to a single connector. 

I also received some stepper heatsinks. The motors weren't very hot, but cooler is better so I ordered these. Having said that, the change to stealtchop on the drivers has made the steppers a lot cooler than before, so the need may be less pressing than before. 

The other arrival was some insulating foam for the heated bed. This arrived very creased, but I don't really think that will matter too much once it's fitted and I suspect that it'll uncrease to a degree if I leave it for a while. 

In other news: I am working on a plan for an automated smoke detector shut down facility. The plan is to install one on the A8 Plus and also add the same function to my Creator Pro. 

Visit the main content pages

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Update: Mopping up

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card