Update: Where there's smoke...

Today I have been working on preparing things for the weekend's upgrades. 

The next batch of components are printing for the left of the two storage drawers. You can also see the X axis cable chain which is the high priority for the weekend: to move the cabling into it. 

I also received the following delivery today


It's a wireless smoke alarm. It functions exactly as a normal smoke alarm, but also links into a Sonoff bridge. This means that I can create a very simple power kill on the printer in the event of smoke. I have just installed one on my Creator Pro too (which has had a conventional smoke alarm for some time) and it seems to test well. I trip the smoke alarm and the printer powers off almost immediately. It's not foolproof, of course, but it's certainly far better than not having it. 

I have also created a simple bracket concept, with a cover, to mount it on the Z-axis gantry.


The other thing I've been looking at today are Z axis pull rods. These will help to stiffen up the Z axis. There are various options available, but all seem to be either too small or too large. So, I think I am going to have to come up with a Goldilocks solution to make one fit.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Update: Mopping up

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card