New release: X and Z axis cable chains

I have finally completed the release of these combined cable chains. This has been something of a passion project for me as the original X carriage umbilical was one of the areas of the system which I really didn't like. It was either too short or too long or would get in the way of the print. 


This particular design has taken quite some time as I had some very specific requirements which meant that I had to design each element from scratch. This included the chain links for which I had a number of requirements

  • Easy to print
  • No supports needed
  • 20mm wide to match extrusion on Z axis
  • Removable and replaceable in situ
I have managed to achieve all of these goals with my design, I believe.


The links are then used to create the two chains, connecting via custom mounts at the base of the Z axis, the top of the X carriage and joined together in a dual-axis bracket mounted against the X axis stepper. 


For more information, please see my blog page on this project element. 

The models are available from download from Cults3D


Visit the main content pages

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Sensorless homing and musings on Z-offset