Update: X and Z axis chains and storage drawers

This is a brief update and progress and information about a new release of the X and Z axis cable chains and the real (finally) release of the storage drawers.


To the last point first: I took some further measurements and the problem I had with fitting a pair of drawers side by side as they were designed was not at all due to tolerances, as I'd first thought, but rather because of some significant dimensional inaccuracies in my first test build. In hindsight, the print was done quite early in the build, before I'd tuned very much at all.

So, I hope to release the drawers very soon after the false start before. 

Similarly, I'm just creating a time-lapse of a print to demonstrate the new cable chains in use in earnest. I plan to release this alongside the models themselves very soon too.

Another thing I have now been able to do is connect the fanless PSU. Not that it should be a huge surprise, but the difference in noise levels is very significant indeed. The fan in the standard PSU is extraordinarily noisy and removing that completely with something both smaller and more powerful is very pleasing. 


Visit the main content pages

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SKR1.4 and TFT 35 - using long file names and print from SKR SD card

Update: delayed but not forgotten

Sensorless homing and musings on Z-offset